Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Changing seasons and a growing boy

Its hard to believe that fall is finally here. Everyone I have talked to while being pregnant has been ultra sympathetic to me being pregnant all summer. In reality, it wasn't that bad. With the exception of a few hot spells the Nebraska weather was relatively kind to me. When it wasn't, I just stayed inside. I found myself able to play golf all the way through my league only having to skip once due to heat index's over 110. I played in all of the golf tournaments I play in every year, with our team being in the championship flights for 2 of them. In fact, I played some amazing golf this summer. I'm digressing. The moral of this rant is, it hasn't been so bad. Only in the last few weeks have I really started swelling, waddling, not sleeping well, and just being generally uncomfortable. Now that this has all hit, it has hit hard. I realize that it is time for me to slow down. Time to start saying no. Time to rest up and nest in. I made through 2 hours of the State Fair last weekend (which I love) and nearly passed out. That was my wake up call. In looking ahead we have a couple of hot days left this week and are looking at 70's for next week. That I can handle.

Our boys are growing and doing well. Last week we took Doodle with us to our weekly appointment. He got to see his brothers and told the Doctor that they are "naughty" silly boy. Sadly, Peanut has flipped again, back to breech and Butter is transverse so we are back to looking at a c-section. Disappointing, but it is what it is. The non-stress tests are going ok. Sometimes they take forever (1 1/2 hours) but Thursday they were able to find the boys easily and it only took 25 minutes.

Today is Doodle's last real day in regular "daycare", he officially moves tomorrow into the Early Preschool room. I cannot believe it. When I got the letter last week about his move I cried. Its so hard to believe my baby is growing up. I look at him and see how tall he is getting, how smart he is and I am so proud, yet so sad to see the baby go. It makes you realize how fast time really goes and how much you take for granted because you are so busy in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment