Thursday, December 23, 2010

Memories

Last year, two days after my son's birthday, I lost my Grandma. My Grandma was my rock. My steadfast norm in a world that was sometimes so crazy. It has been nearly a year and it has been hard. As hard as I thought. Sometimes not as hard as I would have expected, but other times it is awful.

There are days I would give ANYTHING to pick up the phone and hear her voice.

Today I received the best Christmas gift. My Aunt who lives far away from me emailed me several of my Grandma's favorite recipes, some of my childhood memories. Things like Beer Cheese Soup and Kringlers. Recipes that you don't just pull off line. I cried. Tears of sadness and tears of joy.

Such a small gesture will probably be the best gift I receive this year. Not because it shimmers, not because it had an expensive price tag, but because it is a little piece of her.

Grandma, I miss you. So much. I think about you all the time. I wish you could see Keith. I wish I could see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment